Thursday, January 2, 2020

OS 22:OUT ON THE TOWN

HEY OUTSTAGRS!

ITS THAT TIME!!


TIME TO GET TOWNED!!!








The 2020 OBSDN Men of Color Calendar is still in stock for shopping and shipping! 
You can check out  12 guys from across the country in various fields pose in black white pic collages consisting of tasteful artistic body poses , undergear and fashion styles. 

To purchase go to www.maatology-productions.myshopify.com or click the ad on the right hand side of this blog (WEB VERSION OF BLOG).  LIMITED SUPPLY WILL BE SOLD.


Here are the gents who have participated in the 2020 calendar. This is the poster that is also on sale on the Shopify link. It retails at www.maatology-productions.myshopify.com 

Parts of the proceeds of both the calendar and poster  will go Jessie B's Academy for Preschoolers in St Louis.





We will be seeking gents of color for our 2021 calendar set for July 2020 release. Shoots will start Jan 16. If interested in shooting email to snaphoney2011@gmail.com for more details!




Now lets get town!

Well,  its a new year and new decade (some claim the decade ends DEC 2020) and OUTSTAGN is still going strong heading to its 15th year in publication (JULY 2005).  We hope to continue giving you great content in the months head!



YOURS TRULY didnt do much over this holiday season beside going over to the family's house to partake in the Xmas celebration. But I did get a chance to sneak out of the doldrums of the holiday by going to a private soiree that was held DEC 21 at a spot called The Tower  Skylounge in downtown St Louis. 

It was produced by one of the  vet movers and shakers in the St Louis party scene, Joe Jennings (aka Elistism Mag LOL). It was an exclusive RSVP party and the theme was "Masquerade." One of my close party friends Cynthia Rose, who came from San Diego to visit  family for the holidays (You still onto that L.A. move?LOL), told me about this party about a month in advance so I was set to prep.



                             YOURS TRULY outside on the rooftop of The Skylounge. 




This was also during the hype of Eddie Murphy making his comeback on Saturday Night Live as well, so I was a bit torn regarding going, but the set was to start around 730ish and end around the time SNL was about to air. 

I was no doubt suited and booted and debuting my silver loafers that I purchased on the web (You can check my Instagram @maatspear for pics of them). After I parked about two blocks away from the The Tower around 8pm I get to the building and the door was locked. Then as soon as my mind thought was to go back to my car and jet away, a valet guy asked me, "Are you here for the private party."

I wanted to tell him, "No, I woke up in my party clothes to watch the cars go by." But I said, "Yes."


So another valet punched up a code on the door, opened it and said, 'have a good time." Then told me the number to push on the elevator to get to the rooftop.

I get to the spot and its a very swanky spot with two floors giving you serious posh decco ambience with its motif. I saw Jennings and said whatever greeting I said to him and proceeded to walk around in the space. It was about 50 or so there so far ( I hear about 100 people were invited with their guests). I didnt see Rose as of yet but started to walk around. The Dee-jay was playing what he was playing and I saw the food appetizers. My first question was, "Where's the meat?" Usually at these shindigs theres meatballs or some type of wings, or a waiter(ress) with a tray of  appettizers passing them out to the crowd on a tray , but after that questioning I went ahead and got in line to get what they offered, cheese, crackers, fruit items and some type of noodles that was part of the spread. So I picked my share of what I wanted to put on my plastic plate and walked outside to enjoy the view a bit. It was a bit brisk out but I was able to take the atmosphere in.
A mask, one of the party favors that were given to the crowd.


People were mostly lounging and talking during this time enjoying the fireplace and the outside scenery. They were dressed to impress (The flier demanded it was a semi formal affair) as I scoped the fashions that I saw. Then, I decided to walk upstairs to see the bar area (the drinks were complimentary) and there was a pool table area and people at the bar. I then saw Rose and hugged her. I pulled my sunglasses down to be sure it was her because I did have a few adult beverages before I arrived. Then, Jennings spotted me  abnd asked, :Wheres your camera?" I just said, "I didnt bring it. I just thought a private party and not bring my camera."

FACTS.

But thats the thing, there wasnt anything private--it was mainly a RSVP party for an exclusive group. 

So for awhile that was the sceneof Mainly walking up and down the stairs, looking around and as the night grew, people got loose in their "drinkages" as the dee-jay played various line dance songs, 'Fanstasy Slide" was one of them.

Now, dont get me wrong, the atmosphere was nice, the free drinks and set up. But I was expecting more MASQUERADE beside having masks on,. I mean, this was a Private party and I expected some type of private moments to occur like adult games or some type entertainment to make the event more exciting.



YOURS TRULY with STL socialite Cynthia Rose


After about two hours or so, I decided to grace out of the party, I walked to some  elevators but it was just two floors. Jennings saw me and said, 'You trying to get to the bathroom?"

BUSTED.LOL

So I played it off and went to the makeshift unisex bathroom (The actual Ladies room door was locked for some reason). While I was in the bathroom I took a selfie of my attire (You can also see on my Instagram page @maatspear) . And as I was snapping away, Rose knocked on the door . I opened it and she said. 'I dont care whose in here. I gotta pee." LOL


Meanwhile I decided to sit down and chill out for a minute as I saw another familiar face, socialite Anthony Robinson who throws the house parties at his Architectural spot in the Central West End. He was there with some beautiful tall modeleque female. .So after another thirty minutes, it was really time for me to bounce out and taken the right elevator, back down to the lobby floor. 

Just when I was walking ff, there was a lady at the door shouting out to someone who was outside that the party was still going on. I excused myself in her direction and trotted along to my car and off to the Maatspear Compound. 








FIT TALEZ



 This week I have a fitness gym story for you that involved a unruly boy teenager running into the womens lockeroom.




So, about a month ago during one of my Saturday afternoon workout at the gym I attend, I was on the last phase of my workout getting my cardio going on one of the elliptical machines. Up walks one of the lady custodians who works at the gym. She is a jovial type who does more socializing than actual working. So she walked up next to me looking impish and I glanced over to her and she said, "You wont believe what just happened."

Then I said, "What happened?"

No mind you, I did see some type of ruckus a but earlier while on the cardio machine but didnt know what happened as people started looking toward the exit door of the gym.

The lady said, "Some boy ran into the womens lockeroom and started freaking up on some women in there."

I was shocked and almost lost my footing on the elliptical machine ,"Say what?"

"Yep," she said, " And the boys mother said she has a hard time trying to control him."

I just quipped, "Sound like the police need to get involved," and continued on with my workout.

This is beyond criminal. That was sexual assault. And the boy needs to be taken to juvenile for that.

A teenaged boy with raging harmones and naked women is like adding fire to a firecracker wick.

I didnt get the latest of what happened since then but I will follow up and let you all know.
                                          





For this week, I have one



Over the holidays,  I spotted another expired temp plate on a car during a drive thru situation. What is going on with these people with a temp expired tags? Do they know sooner or later they will get caught my the cops? And its May 2019??? I can see maybe a week or even two weeks old but nearly six months old. 

They would likely be the type of people who would ask the police , 'Is there a problem,offer?" if..... no, WHEN they get stopped. 

SMH.



If you have an event, service or an artist to promote on OUTSTAGIN  email to maat.atkins@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment