Thursday, January 23, 2020

OS 25:OUT ON THE TOWN

HEY OUTSTAGRS!

ITS THAT TIME!!


TIME TO GET TOWNED!!!









We are seeking gents of color for our 2021 calendar set for NOVEMBER 2020 release. Shoots will start MARCH 16. You must be in decent shape, attractive, and comfortable doing artistic nude poses (no frontal) If interested in shooting email to snaphoney2011@gmail.com for more details! \


This week I traveled to streaming services that I have and wanted to highlight a few programs that I saw that I would like to comment on.....


I checked out comedienne Leslie Jones' special Time Machine recently. Now, Jones is an acquired taste if you like loud and boisterous female comics. But, I must say, I enjoyed her hour long special. The theme mainly was about her travels of her life and what she used to do when she was younger from sex to clubbing. The highlight was when she went into the audience to playfully berate a white guy about his penis and how women have to deal with penises. It was total Leslie Jones shtick and it was hilarious.


NEXT....
 I checked out Tyler Perry's thriller A Fall From Grace as well. And I must say, I enjoyed it. The pacing was a bit slow, but overall this film that stars Crystal Fox ("Haves and The Have Nots"), Phylicia Rashad and Mechad Brooks. The story is typical Perry fare--a woman who is betrayed by a man who is part of a scheme of identity theft. (Many on social media cal;ed it "How Stella Got Her ID Stolen"). Perry has been quoted,  in his press tours for the movie  that he filmed this movie in five days. Thats impressive but why? Why rush? As I have been raised, when you rush something youre gonna make some mistakes.  The movie definitely has its share of goofs that isnt abnormal in films but his were like a parody than anything else from wigs changing in shape within a scene, extras drinking from an empty cup and a judge shown reading from the script. This film I'm sure is the most watched movie on Netflix becasue of ebveryone ripping  and dragging it for its flaws. Plus, its gotten viral/meme status when Brooks; character screams ASHTRAY BITCH to Fox's character while smoking in bed. 




AND LASTLY, 

I saw a short film on Amazon Prime called MARZ, a black LGBTQ themes short about a hip hop rapper who is on the down low about his sexuality. Picture a hip hop Moonlight. The short was released in 2017 and was a hit at black film festivals across the country. The movie stars Jade Yorker as Marz and Devale Ellis ("Tyler Perry's Sistas). I liked this short film because its not your typical black LGBT imagery of flamboyance and finger snapping. It gives a mirror to the masculine black gay lifestyle in a hypermasculine world. The actual scenes involving the liofetsyle is tastefully shot and gives more the illusion in-your-face with the subject matter. 



FIT TALEZ

The story I have this week is about when someone stole some article of clothing from me. 
It was when I worked out at Bally Total Fitness back in the day in the late 1990s at Bally Total Fitness ....so it was after my work out and I had gone to the lockerroom to get my things and prep to leave. When I unlocked my lock from the locker, I saw that my pants were missing. 

Yes, my pants! I dont recall if I had a combination lock or a lock with a key but when I opened the lock my pants were missing.

They  would actually steal some pants and nothing else???

So,  after I reported the crime to the manager, he looked just as puzzled as I was.  
I never did find out who actually stole my pants but whoever did I wonder if they tried to 
wear them?

Who knows but only the pants smuggler.

SMH





Th


If you have an event, service or an artist to promote on OUTSTAGIN  email to maat.atkins@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment