Thursday, February 23, 2023

ST LOUIS MAYOR'S MARDIS GRAS BALL AFTER PARTY @CITY HALL ROTUNDA FEB 17,2023




There's some revelers from the St Louis Mayors Ball coming to the after party through the red carpeted corridor .


People at the two story city hall building.


 

St Louis Mayor Tishaura Jones greets the crowd and asks if the crowd can donate to her foundation, St Louis College Kids, the foundation that was raising money from this event.




  People greet the mayor after her speech to the attendees.
 A long view of the attendees near the stairwell of the Rotunda










                             Attendees schmoozing.




Hot 104.1 FM ST Louis radio personality Shorty Da Prince on the mic as Run DMC's dee-jay and STL DJ veteran DJ Charlie Chan was on the 1s and 2s. 

 

MAAT's TAKE.Well, Yours Truly, decided to take the chance and see what the After Party for the Mardis Gras Ball was going to give--and just what I expected...exclusivity--for certain people. 

So, when I got there around 30 minutes after midnite, I saw that there were many people in line waiting to see if they were on the list to get in. Much to my chagrin, there were many who got hooked up to the party because they either knew the producers of the event or someone who knew someone for access. I found out that a good friend of mine, singer Sineta Roker, organized the event and informed her of my having to wait by the VIP check in table for clearance entrance from my Mardis Gras All Access Pass and after getting patted down by security like the guests were at the TSA at the Airport. LOL

But I digress from that.

Overall, it was about 200 or so people who attended, many from the event from Union Station that were more of "the urban skin complexion," if you get my drift. It was more a party than a Mardis Gras party--no frills or bells and whistles, but just a emcee and a dee-jay (Charlie Chan always brings the noise as far as playing the right hip hop and R&B tunes for the right time and occasion). My only gripe was people trying  to sardine themselves to the VIP area that was more of a long hallway by the banisters upstairs. I walked through there a few times to see who I could spot (I saw Hot 104.1 personality Andrew Caldwell up in there by the way). Other than that, it was mostly subdued as people chilled drinking from the open bar areas and heavy appetizers passed on plates by waiters in the cramped area.  But it seemed like no one seemed to mind.

It was good to hear from  Mayor Tishaura Jones (her father former Comptroller Virvus was there and all smiles in his dapper white tux) who greeted everyone for coming and gave a humbling plea for people there to donate to her foundation, the St Louis College Kids (the charitable organization) soon after the ticketed event was over.

As the night progressed into the early morning, people were very frisky on the dance floor as the ladies took off their heels to get their twerk on as Chan played Glorilla and Cardi B's "Tomorrow."

It was goin on 2 in the morning and my dress shoes were BARKING on my feet....that was sign for me to vacate the event and head to my abode.

The after party overall was what it was as far as the event was concerned. It felt more of a separate club  party than the Mardis Gras party and I hope that the organizers next year tie in more of a Mardis Gras theme if they decide again to separate the events at two different venues Union Station and City Hall. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment