Tuesday, September 22, 2015

VIEW BITZ--2016 MR COUTURE WINNER CORDARIO WORRELL


BY MA'AT ATKINS


ON AUGUST 25, MAATOLOGY PRODUCTIONS SASHED UP THE WINNER OF THE 2016 MISTA COUTURE CHARITY STYLE CONTEST AT BLUE MARK STUDIOS IN ATLANTA.HE WAS NEW YORK AREA MODEL/ACTOR CORDARIO WORRELL. NOW ALMOST A MONTH INTO HIS TITLE, OUTSTAGN INTERVIEWED THE HANDSOME GENT TO GET MORE IN-DEPTH AND PERSONAL TO GET A BETTER LOOK AT WHO IS CORDARIO. 


OS:How did you become involved with Mr Couture contest and why did you want to enter?

CORDARIO:  I became involved with the Mr. Couture contest through the media site "Model Mayhem". An associate in the entertainment industry informed me of the opportunity and I thought it would be a great way to bring awareness to individual creativity/style for aspiring designers/models.

OS:What was your expectations during the contest? 

CORDARIO: Truthfully, I didnt know what to expect. I was really just counting on being the best I could be and hoping that it was enough. The intensity was very high seeing that the group didnt know the logistics of the contest until a few hours before the start time. It forced everyone to be on their A game. I'm very proud to have been apart of that group as I gained some new friends; we're all winners in my eyes.  

Cordario getting sashed by last year's
 winner Ricodemo
OS:When your name was called what was your first thoughts?

CORDARIO: My first thoughts were "WOW" and "REALLY". It was kind of a surreal moment because the competition was pretty tight! It was a relief also because I was reminded that hard work always pay off if you dont quit.

OS:You have done a lot of other modeling contests in the past..what other titles have you held?

CORDARIO: I've actually only been apart of one other contest where I was crowned the International Model of the Year 2014. John Blassingame of New Day Associates holds this contest annually where it provides an extraordinary platform for rising models to reach new levels in their careers. I have to admit that holding the International crown allowed me to experience moments that I never dreamed of; hopefully it continues through Mr. Couture 2016.

OS:You also do a lot of theater work. When did you start doing stage work? 

CORDARIO: I found an interest in theater/drama in high school. My mother always threw me in a lot of activities just to see what I would catch. Activities such as the school choir, stepteam, and all the varieties of sports. "The Color Purple" was actually my first stage play ever; I have to thank my high school drama teacher Mr. Gilchrist as he helped me to take the craft serious. I continued on in college where I have a minor degree in theater arts at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore. I was apart of the Drama Team there and we put on many great productions such as "Fences" by August Wilson to Shakespearean themes. Presently, you can catch me performing "Carmen" for the Washington National Opera at the John F. Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.

Cordario in formal wear.
OS:Do you see yourself more as a model who acts or an actor who models?

CORDARIO: To keep it real; I see myself as an INSPIRATION who uses the gifts that God has given me for His glory and to help others. I feel a persons true joy is only found in the joy he brings to another. Whether I'm performing my music, acting out a script, walking a runway/posing for a camera, or sharing my published book "From the Pit, to the Palace" with someone; its all aimed at changing someones life for the better.

OS:How old are you and where are you from? 

CORDARIO: I recently just turned 29 and I'm from Petersburg, VA. Petersburg is a small town about 25 minutes south of Richmond, VA; the population is roughly 25,000. I was raised in a single mothered household; its a hard place to grow up considering crime and poverty, but I wouldn't change it for the world as it made me the man I am today.

OS:What are your hobbies?

CORDARIO: I like doing anything that is exotic and spirit of the moment. It can vary from skydiving to simply reading a good book, however I do love swimming and seeing new places.

OS:What is your motto in life? 

CORDARIO: VISION without ACTION is a daydream, ACTION without VISION is a nightmare. 

Cordario on the runway.
OS:What are some of your upcoming projects?

CORDARIO:  I will be a part of the major motion picture "Loving" which is in the hands of award winning writer/director Jeff Nichols. I'm also looking forward to creating my first model calendar featuring myself before the year is out. Hopefully the ladies will be excited lol. 

OS:.How can someone contact you for booking you?

CORDARIO:I can be contacted via email Info@therealbodi.com

Facebook.com/CordarioBodiWorrell
Twitter.com/therealbodi
Instagram.com/the_real_bodi


1 comment:

  1. Cordario "Bodi" Worrell is a force to be reckoned with in the modeling and acting community. He has a bright future in this industry, as we all will see.

    ReplyDelete