Thursday, September 12, 2019

08:OUT ON THE TOWN

HEY OUTSTAGRS!

ITS THURSDAY!!

TIME TO GET TOWNED!!!



YOURS TRULY with current Mr Couture winner Chris Showtime Tucker last weekend
who was in St Louis to shoot his solo calendar, one of his prizes. Yours Truly was the photographer.


Last Weekend, I was more in photographer mode not focusing much on going to spots because I knew it was going to be a long photo shoot shooting Chris Tucker's solo calendar, one of the prizes he won for becoming representative of my Mr Couture brand.

It had taken place last Friday afternoon and lasted until late evening. My goal was to finish in enough time to regroup and hopefully trek to Alton, Ill to cover hip hop rapper Nelly's concert at its ampitheater.


Well, that hope was not alive. LOL


But getting back to the photo shoot, one of the shooting locations was the Citygarden Park in downtown St Louis shooting a Fouth of July shot at the splash water area. While shooting, this tall, model type sista named Consella (with emphasis on ELLA and not to be confused with the name Consuella LOL) walked up toward us and asked what we were doing. Well, I told her that I was shooting a calendar for the model in question. Well, she was obviosuly quite enamored by who she saw (and the Fouth of July swintrunks Im sure got her going. LOL). well after a some pleasantries in conversation (even finding out she and Tucker had unrelated relatives who live in parts of maryland where he is from) she asked if she could sit in to see teh shoot. I obliged, even gave he rmy biz card on hopes of her buying a potentail calednar.

Well, her ladylike demeanor quickly turned into a dictating director. 

Not good.


Tucker at his photo shoot at Citypark 



More or less, she wanted him to walk a certain way, pose a certain way and act a certain way while doing the shoot. So after abruptly ending the shoot, we said goodbye to her and she exchanged her IG with Tucker and demanded that he contact her.

Well, it was quite obvious that she wanted to have her own photo shoot with him, 

But Tucker was cordial and said his focus was on the calendar than on an after calendar rendezvous.

As far as his solo calendar, be on the look out for it sometime next month. We will post info on pre orders on OUTSTAGN BLOGSPOT this month!


Two interesting tidbits on Tucker that you may find interesting.....he dressed up as Nelly during Halloween  (band-aid under the eye Nelly ) and his cousin is actor Jessie T Usher who was best known in the Starz Tv series "Survivors Remorse."



For those who are unaware, OUTSTAGN BLOGSPOT was first created July of 2005 and in those 15 years I covered on entertainment based stories, events, travels, and special countdown postcreateds. I have  a segment called REWINDERZ
'


Going back around this time 10 years ago,  OUTTOWN (which is what it was called then) reported on the passing of KMOX personality  Jim White, The Arch Rivalry Game, Oprah Winfrey's party celebrating  her 24th season of the talk show on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Chicago music artist Melody Angel on Diddy's Starmaker, STL fashion designer Qrystal Frazier on Project Runway, St Louis filmed movie Streetballers (PICTURED) making its debut at Mann's ChineseTheater with a celebration at Black Label, STL comedian's comedy show airing on martin Lawrence;'s First Amendment series on STARZ, spotlighting STL playwrights David Harris, Joel P.E. King and Marty Casey, STL singer Tydis, STL event promoters Freetime celebrating its 4th Anniversary, BLIND ITEMS, who was hot this week in St Louis, WORDZ TO THE WHYZ, FILM BITZ and EVENT BITZ



I have a Random Journey that occurred this week.



I drove to a food spot to pick up an order in the Central West End of St Louis, a pizza place and they were about to close. Well, the door was closed. I rang its doorbell (yes, doorbell) and they allowed me in. They explained they close the door because of occasional homeless people drifting in asking for money or food. 

As I was waiting for the food, I felt as though I was at the sauna . It was steaming hot in there. The two employees was breaking down everything and cleaning up as they were about to close. What was funny was the sista kept walking back and forth to check me out and she was trying to give her serious Im Sexy but Exhausted Look to me but my focus was on not to pass out from the makeshift sweat box in that store. 

Well, as I waited...and waited...and waited almost 15 minutes for the pizza, a delivery guy walked in the back  area and picked up some food. I didnt think nothing of it.

Then, the male employee said it would be a few more minutes for my food. Well, come to find out, my food was done--and picked up by the delivery guy!!

Well, I was heated, well, heated even more with the accompanied vapors from that store. So, they called the delivery guy on the phone to tell him to hi tail back to the store because he picke dup the wring order.

Around time, its 20 minutes later. I was about to say FUCK the pizza and was going to bounce until the male employee asked if I wanted something cold to drink.

In my mind I wanted to say, how about a whole refrigerator full. 

Well, the driver came back and the employee handed my pizza to me and said that it was still hot and reimbursed me for my trouble then I drove off to devour.

LOL






Get ready for the 2020 OBSDN MEN OF COLOR CALENDAR coming out in November 2019. There are a couple of spots still open for any guys of color who are fit or in decent shape and are comfortable doing artistic body type pics, email to maat.atkins@gmail.com for details.  Paid gig, lodging provided and travel negotiated. MUST HAVE NO INHIBITIONS.



IF YOU HAVE A RANDOM MOMENT, SOMETHING YOU WANT TO PROMOTE, OR A BLIND ITEM EMAIL IT TO MAAT.ATKINS@GMAIL.COM


-30-


No comments:

Post a Comment