Thursday, September 5, 2019

07:OUT ON THE TOWN


HEY OUTSTAGRS!



IT'S THURSDAY!!

TIME TO GET TOWNED!!!




Last weekend during the Labor Day Weekend, was filled with outdoor events, day and house parties. 

i was able to either cruise through, attend or hear about the ones that interested me. 


 Last Saturday after doing my gym time and errands, I drove by the Greek Festival that was going on in the Central West End off Forest Park Avenue Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church next to St. as always, there was nowhere to park so a snap drive by shot was all I could do, but it looked festive with all the vendors, live music and food food food (Gyros and Baklava galore!). After a few minutes circling the blocks to try and find a parking space I decided to just prep for the events later that evening.



The first evening stop was the Tennessee Honey Neighborhood Flavor  outside party held at The Marquee in the Central West End where more of the younger urban crowd were partying. They had tents up and I decided to go in, but when I saw the crowd was a bit young and I saw that the police were checking in people to enter, I decided to just stakeout and snap a few shots. From what I saw folks were getting free sips and tastes across the city and sounds were provided by DJ Arty J and Kimmy. 


About thirty minutes later around 10ish PM....I checked out house party organizer Anthony Robinson's party (AKA The Black Hefner LOL)  that he had at his Architect House in the Central West End. 



                             
                          YOURS TRULY with house party host Anthony Robinson

Before I walked to the house, I didnt realize I parked my car on the curb in front of St Louis American's Kenya Vaughn. As I was looking though my cell phone I head the voice, "Hey Ma'at!"

I looked up and it was her. I then said, "Hey there. How is it?" She replied, "Its nice." 

Then she drove off. 

Nice? Hmm ok. To me, that was code word for "not packed." But then again, the party started around 8pm (and ended at 1am) and most people start going to a house party a couple hours in.


When I walked in, it was moderately packed about 100 or so. Then it dawned on me that the house party was in competition with the Tani Sushi Bar Summer Series crowd, so most of the socialites were probably there. Back in the day, his parties were wall to wall packed not being able to walk, but that was in the early 2010s.

I saw the hosts Robinson and Lisa Gardner and greeted them and got myself acquainted with the atmosphere. DJing was Enoch who I dapped when he saw me.  Then, I went to the drinks and food to get juiced up and weigh my stomach with some meatballs, chicken, Chinese rice  and lasagna.


        Kalonda King and her band entertained the crowd during the house party.

So, I did my back and forth from the front room to the outside backyard where people were mainly hanging out (Who was the sista who poked my stomach? LOL).


Later on, Kalonda King and her band got the live music going, She sang some party favorites like Jill Scott, Prince, Sade and the highlight was when she brought up a house party male dweller to perform "Call Tyrone." Had him sit down in a chair and began singing to him and then had her back turned and the part of the song where the song line goes,"Then come around and ask me for some ass...." she bent over and stuck her arse near his face (and it was quite nice arse and the guy smiled because of it LOL)
After she performed for about 30 minutes, Enoch returned to the 1s and 2s and yours truly decided to exit.

Some of the familiar faces that I saw when I was there were socialites Joseph Jennings, Kevie Hendrix and Noretha Hopson ( I heard you were there LOL)


======

On Sunday, I wanted to check out the Graphic Tee day party that was held at Delmar Hall, but was too Saturday night hung from the house party, but I did hear the party was quaint, It started at 4pm until 10pm and that most people came early and left around 8pm. Charlie Chan was the DJ of the event.  
I have a Random Journey that occurred this week.

I drove to a food spot in East St Louis called Pops 5  and as I waiting for an order, there was a sign in front of the counter that advertised their lunch special and as you see in the picture , ONE,  lunch is spelled LONCH and TWO, the ending time for lunch was changed from  2 AM to 2 PM.


Now, lets discuss.

We've all done  typos when it comes to getting a flier or paper or a letter together, but my thing is, were they this unconcerned of just redoing the flier with the correct spelling of LUNCH?  I Googled what LONCH is a Masculine noun  in Spanish  involving food. 

So I assume LONCH means LUNCH.

And then the time change. Who had the idea to have lunch up until 2AM? How about breakfast? Or again, it couldve been the business owners was just not feeling up to making changes before getting the Sharpie Marker  to the  PM. 

Maybe that time is when LONCH is served.


LOL




Get ready for the 2020 OBSDN MEN OF COLOR CALENDAR coming out in November 2019. There are a couple of spots still open for any guys of color who are fit or in decent shape and are comfortable doing artistic body type pics, email tomaat.atkins@gmail.com for details.  Paid gig, lodging provided and travel negotiated. MUST HAVE NO INHIBITIONS.

IF YOU HAVE A RANDOM MOMENT, SOMETHING YOU WANT TO PROMOTE, OR A BLIND ITEM EMAIL IT TO MAAT.ATKINS@GMAIL.COM


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment