Thursday, August 29, 2019

OS 6: OUT ON THE TOWN

HEY OUTSTAGRS!

WE ARE BACK ON ANOTHER THURSDAY!!

LET'S GET TOWNED!!!


Yours Truly in traffic at Tower Grove Park for Festival of Nations

Hello everyone, I am back from a two week hiatus to return for another week of blog travels. Last weekend, was a bit nonchalant and was more trying to either get to an event or getting to an event and deciding not to go.

Last Saturday was the day of both instances.

After leaving the gym and doing errands I decided to try and go to the Festival of Nations, an annual  food festival that was held at Tower Grove Park in Midtown St Louis. Now, I should have know better to think there was parking availability when I decided to go in the late afternoon of this all day event.

I got close to the area following the festival signs to get to the event...but actually getting out of the car to get to the event was a NO. I got close to the actual festival grounds of tents and vendors and loads of people trekking to and from the specific area of the event but after getting stuck in traffic for about 30 minutes, yours truly decided to call it a wrap, turned on some Deep House Music on You Tube through the auxiliary speakers of my SUV and headed to the Maatspear Compound.


Later that night I was contemplating which club to attend that I had the most interest in attending just for the sake of having something to recap. At first, I was going to attend an Afro-Latin inspired event at Dos Salas, the Blue Ultra Lounge or the Tani Sushi Bar but decided to try out Pepper Lounge (AGAIN) where they were having a Anyone Who Wears All Black or All White or Both get in free and get free drinks between 10pm and 11pm with DJ Arty. So, I get to Pepper Lounge and looked and didnt see many cars or people (it was around 1030pm), and I decided not to get out. I then travelled to Blue Ultra Lounge and saw a bouncer checking IDs at the front door,. Parked and ready to go in? NOT, I drove off. Just wasnt feeling it. 

I didnt even think about going to Clayton to check out Tani. so I called it a night and returned back to the Compound.

And that was that.






I am debuting a new segment called Random Journey where Ive travelled somewhere unplanned and ran up on a situation that was interesting or out of the ordinary.

I have two.

Early last Saturday, while traveling to the gym on Interstate 270 and listening to the freeman Bosley Junior Show on Gospel 1600 there was a pickup truck next to me that had a refrigerator tied up on the back of it. Well while I was preparing mentally to get my workout on, all of a sudden, the refrigerator fell off the truck! Yes, fell completely off. The frig skidded and luckily didnt swerve in my lane! It skidded to the right of the truck on the curb. I was like OH SHIT I COULD HAVE BEEN BEHIND THIS TRUCK. And also thankfully no one was behind the truck because if a driver was, their vehicle would have definitely been damaged and even worse regarding someones life being changed.

Last Tuesday night, End I picked up an order of Middle Eastern food at Levant in the Central West End and while I was waiting on food, there were two young black couples, say early 30s, urban professional types who were talking to each other and the one young lady was quite loud in her talk regarding what she expects out of life, taking care of her body through fitness, eating clean, relationships and etc. Then the conversation came up about smoking hookah. And she said, "If I'm smoking, Im getting high." In my mind, I was like, THATS NOT LADY LIKE AT ALL. And to be a fitness freak and eating clean, soking weed cancels out all of that!! And to say that in a swanky bar and restaurant where the atmosphere was chilled and serene was a bit cringey. I wonder what was the guy thinking when she first said said that, but he laughed it off and then said that he "fucked up in ordering."

Well, there you go. LOL


Get ready for the 2020 OBSDN MEN OF COLOR CALENDAR coming out in November 2019. There are a couple of spots still open for any guys of color who are fit or in decent shape and are comfortable doing artistic body type pics, email to maat.atkins@gmail.com for details.  Paid gig, lodging provided and travel negotiated. MUST HAVE NO INHIBITIONS.

IF YOU HAVE A RANDOM MOMENT, SOMETHING YOU WANT TO PROMOTE, OR A BLIND ITEM EMAIL IT TO MAAT.ATKINS@GMAIL.COM


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment